18 September 2014

Now Then Whenever

Now Then Whenever - Inspire

What have been your toughest interview questions

Douglas Edwards remembers being interviewed by Google co-founder Sergey Brin: "I'm going to give you five minutes," he told me. "When I come back, I want you to explain to me something complicated that I don't already know." He then rolled out of the room toward the snack area. I looked at Cindy. "He's very curious about everything," she told me. "You can talk about a hobby, something technical, whatever you want. Just make sure it's something you really understand well." 
(What would you explain?)
Found here. (With a great Peggy Olsen tribute)

What about these 5 killer job interview questions. My favourite is “If your friends could summarise you in one word, what would that word be?”

Then similar to that, there is the Nora Ephron game to play - write the five things that describe yourself on a piece of paper. Has that changed from your 20s, 30s or 40s?
Then check out these 15 career tips from smart women - found here 

On dealing with critics:
My unsolicited advice to women in the workplace is this. When faced with sexism, or ageism, or lookism, or even really aggressive Buddhism, ask yourself the following question: “Is this person in between me and what I want to do?” If the answer is no, ignore it and move on. Your energy is better used doing your work and outpacing people that way. Then, when you’re in charge, don’t hire the people who were jerky to you.
Tina Fey
Yes, the more successful you are—or the stronger, the more opinionated—the less you will be generally liked. All of a sudden people will think you’re too "braggy," too loud, too something. But the trade off is undoubtedly worth it. Power and authenticity are worth it.
Jessica Valenti

For small business owners, here are 3 words to stay focused and motivated when it comes to maintaining and growing your business - the 3 C's (Confidence, Competence and Connections) - found here

Also some good career lessons from A Cup of Jo - found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

PinIt