16 July 2013

Home

Home

So I am thinking 2 things now for the next property if a one bed cottage is out of my reach. A two bed unit that needs a bit of tweeking, or a one bed unit that needs a total upgrade. Both need to be reasonably close to the city and with a car park. Below is an example of each.

2 Bed with potential.... Camperdown

Yes, it is on the bottom floor and probably you could say it is almost in the basement, but I think you need to give the apartment a lift, by changing the paint colour away from the stark white. Though, I would keep the white on the ceiling and make it glossy- the same on the east walls of the living room.



Kitchen to go from this....

....to this...by painting the cupboards above the cook top a muted green as below.

The dining room in the cave like room would turn from this

...to this...by adding texture to the back wall with fabric wallpaper, bench seating and a centre light.
Blogged here

Or I would go with this... using the same colours as in the above kitchen.
Blogged here

Or I could be tempted to go tropical with this palm wallpaper, but I would go only from halfway up the wall, the bottom half would be a couple of shades deeper than the green on the cabinets.

Blogged here

Then the living area would go from this....

... to the following ...
Blogged here
by removing the carpet and putting polished cement (which I would ideally like to do for the whole living/kitchen dining area), then adding a big black and white picture to the wall and a big area rug with a low round coffee table.

The balcony on the living side would change to the following ...
Found here

.... meaning I would put a series of pots along the wall that could grow up over the wall forming a mini hedge. I would also add to balcony some smaller pots/plants to make a corner feature, like below, with maybe a Japanese Maple.
Found here

Found here

I would probably go for a bold colour in the main bedroom.
Blogged here

The second bedroom would go from this....

to this... another bold colour and I would add some trees to the balcony.
Blogged here

Found here



OR A one bed unit that needs a total upgrade .. here

I would go wooden flooring throughout, with light grey on the walls and silver appliances. I am half inspired to go with what this apartment has done (oh and it looked like this before)


Found here

Found here

Found here


No comments:

Post a Comment

PinIt