02 February 2013

Now Then Whenever

Now Then Whenever - Inspire

So it is a month into 2013 and I can't help but list a few empowering thoughts... in no specific order. I like to read these things every once in a while as I feel sometimes I need to sit, ponder and rejuvenate and not just "do" things, which in fact it probably leads me to do, but hopefully all for the better!


..... it’s always a good time to reflect on what you’d like to do more  of, what you’d like to do less  of, what you’d like to try out  or experiment  with. Found here


..... for those who exercise discipline, choose to work a little smarter, think a little more intuitively, zag from the formula and avoid the clichĂ©, the explosion of experimentation can be valuable, not only by making consumers more sophisticated, but by helping creators exceed expectations with inspired work. Found here


..... Seven rules of life
1.  Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
2.  What others think of you is none of your business.
3.  Time heals almost everything.  Give it time.
4.  Don't compare your life to others and don't judge them.  You have no idea what their journey is all about (more on this here).
5.  Stop thinking too much.  It's alright to not know the answers.  They will come to you when you least expect it.
6.  No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
7.  Smile.  You don't own all the problems in the world :)

Found here



Found here


..... The end goal isn't about trying to achieve some sort of perfection. Perfection is boring..... Flawed and complex is just infinitely more interesting. This project is just about being the best possible version of my flawed self. Being healthier and more balanced. Treading  more lightly on the earth, being a more present, attentive, loving wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend, achieving some balance(what ever that looks like).  Found here


..... creation is momentum - Found here


..... 12 things happy people do differently  - Found here


..... turning goals into reality - Found here


..... OR define our “Woody Woofys” for the following year. “Woody Woofy” was our nickname for WDYWFY, or “What do you want for yourself?” Found here


..... fund the life of your dreams. Found here


..... Top 20 Insights, Talks, and Quotables On Making Ideas Happen. Found here


..... OR a video option on, Ever get distracted by a new idea and have trouble seeing the original one through? Found here


..... In 2013 I want to be a creator. Create new content. Create stronger friendships. Create new ideas and directions. Create the life I want to have in the next year. Five years. Ten. Create opportunities. Create a better business. Stop thinking about it. Stop putting it off. Stop waiting for it to be the right time. Just CREATE. Found here



..... How do you deal with negative criticism or negative feedback? Found here


..... Being (Im)Perfect - Striving for achieving a sense of perfection has been a misguided belief in my life, often leading me down the wrong path. It has made me, at times, place value on the wrong things. It has made me not listen to my true self for fear that I would somehow fail in another's eyes. I was curious as to how the idea of perfection has become so pervasive in our society, how it begins, how it hurts us and perhaps, even, if it carries a certain benefit.  More found here


..... 10 cures for TechnoStress. Found here


..... It’s pretty crazy how non-motivated I am with physical exercise. I’ve NEVER been a disciplined person. I’ll ALWAYS have to force myself to move. You know those people who are addicted to running? I do too. They’re not me. Every time I get it together enough to actually go out and exercise, I have those internal debates in my head and my evil, totally sedentary twin tries to take over with below-the-belt attacks you all know : “You’re Too Tired. You Don’t Have Time. You’ll Have To Take A Shower And Redo All Your Makeup. It’s Never Going To Work, You Never Get Fit Anyway. If You Miss Once, No Biggie.” Read the rest here


..... “My most effective method is to just force myself. When I try to find myself excuses not to go to exercise, I just become my own mother and internally (or externally, sometimes) shout at myself, like my mum used to do when I was a teen and couldn’t be bothered going to ballet classes anymore: ELISA YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE A CHOICE, YOU’RE JUST GONNA GO AND THAT’S THE END OF IT. It works :)” – Elisa Read more comments here




..... “Say yes, and you’ll figure it out afterward!” -- Tina Fey Found here


..... And one more Tina Fey.....


Now I dare you to walk down Pitt Street doing this...




No comments:

Post a Comment

PinIt